What’s so hot about Pinterest? Lots of things. When you review an infographic about Pinterest, you learn some very interesting things. Did you know that when Pinterest launched in 2012 it became the fastest growing social network with 10 million unique visitors (from the U.S.)?
- Its innovative design (though DaGama Web Studio created a somewhat similar style way back in 2008 for our client The Buzz Coffee and Yogurt).
- It’s a social network that’s more visual than verbal. No need to write much. You’re just collecting images; pinning them to virtual boards and checking out your friends’ boards and liking them and/or re-pinning their images.
- It’s becoming the top referral of traffic to your website or blog – (in its early days) even beating out Google and Facebook.
- 97% of Pinterest’s Facebook fans are women
- 1/5 of Facebook-connected users are on Pinterest daily, which is 2,000,000 members
Take a look at this great infographic about Pinterest for more interesting data.
Source: mashable.com via Lori on Pinterest