Whew! There IS a way! How to recover a deleted video on Android phones if you have the Google Photos app.
Here’s How To Recover a Deleted Video On Android
You can restore deleted photos & videos if you have back up & sync turned on in your phone.
Photos and videos you deleted actually stay in your “trash” section for 60 days. That’s a long time! If you want to know how to back-up and sync your phone to your Google in the cloud, click here.
These Android instructions are found in Google’s help section:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app Photos.
- At the top left, tap Menu Menu and then Trash Trash.
- Touch and hold the photo or video you want to recover.
- At the bottom, tap Restore. The photo or video will be back:
- In your phone
- Into the “Photos” section of the app.
- Into any albums it was in.
- To find and recover photos easily, turn on back up & sync.
And for iPhone folks, here are your instructions.
Thank goodness there is a way to restore. I had filmed a young couple I had met at a fundraising event when they got up to dance to the band. They were so good! I promised to upload the video to my Google Drive and then invite them to download it. But the day I was about to do that, I accidentally deleted the video. D’oh! I felt horrible because I couldn’t find the video in my Google Photos, even when I visited it the next day on my laptop.
But then I remembered: everything is Google-able. Right? So, I figured that there might be other folks out there who have done the same thing and felt that same sick feeling about accidentally deleting something that was of value. So, that’s why I wrote this brief blog post. Hope you found it helpful.