Online Visibility Marketing can feel overwhelming with so many possible opportunities. But what ONE thing can you do today to move your life and your business forward today?Here are some Online Visibility tips for you. Pick just one and do it today. Your future self will thank you for planting the seeds that later grow into big Online Visibility. Feed your marketing to move your life forward.
Online Visibility Tips
- Outline or write a rough draft of your next blog post and schedule an hour in your planning calendar later this week to finish it up and publish it. (Then remember to promote it in all your social networks).
- Tweet to 4 people on your VIP list by ReTweeting their latest blog posts or do a #FollowAlways hashtag and tell your followers why they should follow these experts (Don’t have time to do 4 Tweets? Do at least one Tweet).
- Comment on three Facebook friends’ posts. Be conversational. Be real. People LOVE it when we are brave enough to share our imperfections because we can all relate to them. (Just be sure you don’t venture into TMI Territory – “Too Much Information”).
- Comment on three Facebook Fan Pages where your type of clients are also fans. Again: remember: don’t pitch yourself. There are exceptions to this rule: if someone specifically asks for expert help or if you’ve written a recent blog post about whatever the comment was about, go ahead and help out and link to it. Try to do this in a humble and nice way.
- Update your GooglePlus page and Yelp page, especially if you own a local business.
- Call one of your current and/or past clients and tell them how much you appreciate them. Don’t pitch: just support.
- Ask your Facebook fans or friends what they’re having for lunch today. Or ask them what YOU should have – and be sure to post two choices: a fattening, indulgent type of lunch or a healthy one (describe it).
- LinkedIn is critical to your Online Visibility – especially if you’re a B2B type of company or consultant. Be sure to update your status on a daily basis to be visible to your network peeps who are online right now. Go do this now. For tips about LinkedIn, follow The LinkedIn Expert, Viveka von Rosen and be sure to read her book: LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour a Day .
- Spend 30 minutes today, writing ideas in your Content Calendar so you’ll be efficient when you sit down here tomorrow and the next day and so on. Always make your future self say “thank you” to your past self for thinking ahead. 🙂
- Remember that Search Engine Optimization (SEO) should be a big part of your Online Visibility Plan. One simple thing you can do is to have proper page titles for each page of your site. Make sure the page title describes what the page is about in five words or less. These should be researched keywords that describe the content of your page. Consult with a SEO expert who has years of experience and tons of results.
Let me know if any of these suggestions was helpful to you. And be sure to share one or two tips of your own here.